Lords Mobile Today: 7    Total Posts: 5742

Total:#6

Create Thread

[Bug & Suggestion] Guild Fest Changes

[Copy link] 5/399

Posted on 2017-05-16 04:58:11 | Show thread starter's posts only

I really can't see what this has achieved except to CAP the potential of guilds.

ie. A guild that could achieve tier 16.  If they are stuck in the basic tier, they can progress no further than 15.

This has also severely limited everyone's ability to rank.  Under the old system there were always about 50% of guilds that couldn't achieve tier 8.  So the competition was typically around 8 guilds for 5 prizes.  Under the new system in the intermediate tier+ EVERYONE will be capable of reaching that tier, so you are competing with 20 guilds for 5 rank prizes.

There is no change anywhere else in the system apart from grouping and the CAPS.

It's going to take around 6 months+ for all guilds to get into their appropriate tier.  During this time there are going to be a lot of guilds who get fed up with this.

This had the potential to be a great change, instead this is just an unimaginative change to the guild selection process.  

2/3rds of guilds who put in the effort to reach TIER 8 will lose out under this system.  I feel sorry for the guilds that in the next guild fest will be demoted back to basic tier who were also capable of going beyond tier 15.

Could someone from IGG explain how this system offers better rewards?

Nerf.

Signature
Posted on 2017-05-16 05:15:31 | Show thread starter's posts only

I'd like to further add - that our guild achieved rank 5 in the last guild fest.  We had almost full participation.  We ranked better than guilds 2-3x our might size.  We worked really hard to achieve that.  We were punching well above our weight through combined effort and teamwork.  

No hope any more, so how do we keep our guild engaged?  What's particularly unfair is that we'll likely go down to the basic tier next round and ruin any chances for guilds in the basic tier.  We'll flap between basic and intermediate until the top guilds move up out the way.  This process will take months and months to work itself through.

If the starting prize quality was better in the higher gauntlets - e.g. the tier 1 prize was equivalent to the value of a tier 8 basic phase - or more RANK prizes were available this would even itself out.  It would also have helped if you'd found a way to split guilds into the higher gauntlets to space things out.  During this setup phase it would also help if you just promoted rather than demoted guilds.  Perhaps top third go up two steps - middle go up one step - bottom stay as they are?

Nerf

Signature
Posted on 2017-05-16 07:09:26 | Show thread starter's posts only

Have to agree. Current system seems to be more like a limitation than an upgrade. It seems to make the strong guild stronger and the weak guilds limited.

The whole quest system is based on random. There is no sure way you can progress. You can only hope RNG will give you quests that you can finish and give you enough points.

Maaaybe in the future, the top 5 guilds will be moved to some special legue where they compete ?

Signature
Posted on 2017-05-19 07:11:58 | Show thread starter's posts only

Well the advanced gauntlet is the same as the old system with 21 tiers. As long as your guild work for it you can be in the same as the old system. I think this new guild fest is to separate the offline guilds with the online guilds. At least this is how i see it.

p.s. Once you get in the advanced gauntlet you have to Rank up to position #15 in order to stay in advance gauntlet so the once who are 16-20 go down so it makes it competitive. Of course Top 5 dogs can get the good rewards so it will actually motivate people to participate.

Signature
Posted on 2017-05-19 08:10:31 | Show thread starter's posts only

100% agree with this.  in fact my guild always reaches top 20 and number 1.  We pay, and we bust out A**, now were ranked 11 and we have gotten more points than normal.  To say I am upset is an understatement.  This needs to go back to the old system.  Make it fair.  I should have to go up against a 12 billion might guild.

Signature
The PenNis mightier than the sword
Posted on 2017-05-19 11:35:26 | Show thread starter's posts only

No it's not the same, because all your competition is those that ranked.  There will be guilds that ranked #1 who have no chance in the intermediate tier.  

We'd have been better off remaining in the basic tier.  There would be no difference except we'd probably win the basic tier.

A lot of the motivation from guildfest comes from fighting to gain or keep a top 6 rank.  When you are performing as well or better than last time, but in the bottom 6 where is the motivation going to come from?

Signature