Lords Mobile Today: 1    Total Posts: 5448

Total:#1

Create Thread

[Bug & Suggestion] Shields expiring during server maintenance

[Copy link] 0/396

Posted on 2017-01-11 22:37:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

I understand that servers require maintenance, but a situation arose this evening that is going to be quite painful and I have an idea to help prevent it from the future that should be relatively easy to implement.

This evening I got a notification that my 24 shield is going to expire in 10 minutes. Like I do anytime I get that notice I log into the game and renew my shield... expect tonight when I tried to login I see the server maintenance screen informing me that the servers should be up in a little more than 3 hours.

I spoke with GM Sanne who explained that the shield timer pauses during maintenance. That's great, but when that timer unpauses, I will be asleep! Now when I wake up I'm certain all of my troops will be obliterated costing me tons of resources and time to heal and train... plus my leader will be held captive and most likely executed. This is what happens nearly everytime my shield fails.

What I propose is that when the server comes back from maintenance, any active shield does not expire until that user logs in for the first time. To prevent abuse - maybe put a time limit on it. Perhaps 24 hours? Also, when the servers return, any player whose shield is set to expire in the next 10 minutes gets resent the notification.

I feel like the game punished me because I chose to sleep instead of waiting around for 3 more hours (or 4... 6, 8 hours - I know things don't always go as planned and sometimes there are delays! :)

Anyway, I think this would be a way to fix the issue that should be fairly easy to put in place and make the players happy. Thanks for reading this and making a great game!

Signature