Lords Mobile Today: 1    Total Posts: 7139

Moderator: Rider016ooooclaire

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Bug] (Suggestion) Guild/Alliance Walls or Hive Walls

[Copy link] 4/3143

Posted on 2016-06-12 18:19:50 | Show thread starter's posts only

I just had a completely random and weird thought, and I'd like to share it with you guys before it disappears from my mind. I'm already expecting a lot of negative feedback because this is just a random idea I'm throwing out.

Guild/Alliance Walls

I'm proposing an idea where alliance hives have the ability to be surrounded by a wall that is the accumulation of all people's wall hp and traps within the hive (guild members only).
(OR People who are willing to sacrifice a portion (25%-100%) of their own wall hp and traps to benefit the entirety of the hive).

Example:

Guild member 1 has 1000hp for his wall and 5 traps. Guild member 2 has 2000hp for his wall and 5 traps. 
Guild member 1 relocates right next to guild member 2. A rectangular wall forms around them both (if they want), with the total wall having 3000hp and 10 traps.

Goal of this idea: To encourage the use of rallies and make guild hives stronger to stand up against solo players. Epic battles with rallies are just a plus. You might need bigger rallies though. 

Combat System

How will people attack this wall??
-If a player is strong enough, maybe he can take down the entire guild "outer wall" (I'll just call it an outer wall) by himself. 
If not strong enough, then obviously a rally will be needed to attack the outer wall. The wall cannot be shielded to prevent the rally.
People who are shielded within the hive will not be able to provide their own wall's hp and traps to the outer wall; that would be unfair. 

What happens when they successfully bring down or breach the alliance outer wall?
-Here is the tricky part I couldn't process entirely. 

People or guilds that are willing to use this wall will have to realize that they are trading off their own self-protection for the greater protection of the hive. In doing so, you will make yourself (your own turf) more vulnerable to attacks; especially if your alliance/hive wall does not hold. 

So, if the guild outer wall goes down, then your turf will be vulnerable (depending how much of your own wall's hp % you choose to contribute to the guild wall. If you choose to contribute only 25% of your total wall hp/traps, then you have 75% of your own turf wall hp/traps that will still be there).

Of course, people should be given the option whether or not to join in on this outer wall. People who are not comfortable with sacrificing their own wall hp and traps will not be included in the guild wall. Or maybe they could be included, but they're just freeloaders then. Idk

If the wall is destroyed, then whoever contributed to the wall will also have their own wall hp affected (obviously). And the repair will be based on those people's walls.

I don't want to contribute to the hive wall?
-You don't have to if you don't want the hive wall's protection. This is entirely optional and you should be given the option to choose whether or not to contribute.

Dumb idea.
-I know, I thought it would be cool though. Fun idea to think about.

Tl;dr?
-Hive/alliance wall idea around the entire hive of guild members. Wall hp and traps based on members' (who contributed and how much % they are willing to contribute) wall hp and traps.

I'm not expecting this idea to be implemented at all but I thought it would be cool to think about and maybe influence the growth of other ideas that are similar.

Signature
Logical thinker
Posted on 2016-06-12 22:17:45 | Show thread starter's posts only

Lots of thought has been put into this idea, and I think it's pretty good. It'll bring a meaning to having a hive. I usually don't encourage being in hives. But if this is added then I'd encourage it to lower might players.

Signature
K37 || Q.R || Lord Draxos

Old k9 bBQ member :( RIP
Posted on 2016-06-13 00:20:00 | Show thread starter's posts only

not going to work.

this is one of the reason why it wont work.

1. since its a collective of walls hp and traps only. then attacker will only use catapults,fire treb or destroyers to attack it. no/few troops will lose only to destroy the walls since traps dont target those troops. attackers can also rally it with only those troops.

Signature
Posted on 2016-06-13 10:23:21 | Show thread starter's posts only

Nice idea, that wall screenshot from Minecraft you posted is Awesome btw

Signature
WOOF
Posted on 2016-06-13 17:30:38 | Show thread starter's posts only

terrible idea. Lets make the top guilds even more invincible. For reference, I'm at roughly 26million might, my walls have 500k hp, and I have 100k traps.

Imagine 100 of me making a "fort"
50 million HP
10 million traps

that wall in never coming down.  max rally is roughly 2 million?

a better system in order to reward people for making hives would be like you get a small (.5%) defense boost for your wall for each member that is "linked" to another guild member.
for example a hive of 20 guildies next to each other, would give a 10% def boost to everyone.

Signature
K9 | Royal Knight Guild [BBq]