Lords Mobile Today: 0    Total Posts: 1580

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Guide] Question about leader hero skills

[Copy link] 7/78

Posted on 2018-07-09 23:12:16 | Show thread starter's posts only

I haven't seen this covered anywhere but want to make sure it works how I think,

For the heros with bonuses to things that don't involve combat like construction or research etc I assume the bonus only applies when they're your leader, right? 

Then for the combat bonuses I'm assuming it works the opposite way and that any heroes sent into combat apply their bonuses to infantry/archers/cav etc but your leader doesn't apply their combat bonus unless they're sent into battle.

Is this correct? I've tried searching but nothing confirms either way.

Signature
Posted on 2018-07-09 23:20:29 | Show thread starter's posts only

No, heroes with "Administration" bonuses such as construction or research work regardless whether they're your leader or not. They work outside of combat too regardless.

Combat stat heroes assumption is correct, they only work when they're in the lineup in a battle.

Signature
R4 of [CaE]/ Cause and Effect.
Come join our Lords Mobile Discord with over 700 members at https://discord.gg/ZxyuP6K
Posted on 2018-07-10 00:09:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

Thanks for the response, good to know I get the bonuses regardless of leader or not.

In that case what is the purpose of the leader? Wouldn't it be best just to make it your most worthless hero so if they get captured you don't care?

Signature
Posted on 2018-07-10 00:19:14 | Show thread starter's posts only

Your leader needs to be out of shelter for your combat stats/ gear to be effective when someone attacks you.

If you're shielded, it doesn't matter theoretically but if you're not careful or don't want to open the risk of your shield being down whilst someone attacks you- you always need your leader out to maximise your defence.

A lot of players play without shields and have their army out waiting for assault (higher mights) so they're usually in combat gear/proper combat leader is out to assist.

Signature
Come join our Lords Mobile Discord with over 700 members at https://discord.gg/ZxyuP6K
Posted on 2018-07-10 00:29:08 | Show thread starter's posts only

Ok, makes sense...leader wears the gear but the bonuses of the leader hero don't matter. So I can pick any hero as leader and it would be more beneficial to choose a hero that doesn't have any administration skills in case they get captured.

I don't tend to use shields but I shelter my troops/leader whenever I'm offline. I don't care if I lose some coins, saving the shields for when it's worth it is more beneficial.

Thanks for the help!

Signature
Posted on 2018-07-10 00:29:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

Forum error - double posted

Signature
Posted on 2018-07-10 01:27:52 | Show thread starter's posts only

No your leader should be a combat leader since administrations work regardless whether if it's your leader or not.

Your ideal leader is your strongest combat hero.

Example
Leader = Tricktser =No combat bonuses, you wasted one hero slot in your defensive lineup.
Leader= Rose Knight = +50% CAV HP & +20% Army attack

There's no point putting a hero that doesn't help your formation at all as leader because you don't want your leader taken at all otherwise you can't use your gear/talents. 

You shouldn't be building/ attacking without your leader otherwise you'll be losing a lot more than you would with a leader.

Signature
Posted on 2018-07-10 01:56:42 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yes, that's what I said. Pick a leader that doesn't have administration skills.

Signature