Lords Mobile Today: 11    Total Posts: 8342

Total:#7

Create Thread

[Chat(Android)] Research Heroes?

[Copy link] 6/626

Posted on 2017-05-10 08:49:18 | Show thread starter's posts only

I am working on my research speed and was curious about heroes. Would heroes be another good way to get quick research speed? Are they worth the money? What heroes should I be looking into for this .. Is Prince of the Thieves the best? Also, are these research skills on the Heroes Admin of Logistics?

Signature
Posted on 2017-05-10 08:54:28 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hero research speed bonus is always passive. it will apply to you all the time.
If it is worth the money ? Depends how much money you have. I seen someone spend 20.000$ just for 1 complete item set. For him probably 1000$ for 25% research speed is not much. For me ? I would spend that 1000$ to buy troops. Research is important. It's very important, but at the point where you buy 25% speedup with 1000$ you will already have about 280% research speed. Adding another 25% is just a small step ( it's still a step, don;t get me wrong ). When research speed reaaaaaly starts to matter is lvl 10 research, where you need to spend 1.5m gems for building upgrades and about 10 years of speedups. At that point 25% research speed upgrade might seem insignificant to you.

Signature
Posted on 2017-05-10 08:59:41 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hi Highdollar!

Yes, it's worth getting your heroes that have research bonus to Gold! And all heroes that have Research\Construction\Training, these are all Administrative skills (so they always apply).

Just a couple of tips:
- As far as I know Trickster is the only F2P hero that has research bonus (So you only need to use Bravehearts to get him faster to gold)
- There are quite a few P2P heroes that have Research Skills like the Dark Follower, Witch Dall and so on. These cost a lot of money but if you can afford it then it's worth it! 
- Also, the higher your Academy Level is, the more research boost you got. 
- Don't forget about the gears (and always make sure you put on the right gear, focus on the accessories first - the flute's).

And some F2P heroes that give construction speed are : Sage of Storms and Scarlet Bolt. - in case you want to get these too! :) 

Hope the above helps,
Message me ingame if you need more tips on these 
IGN oORaicallOo

Cheers,
Rai

Signature
Posted on 2017-05-10 09:21:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

Thanks for the info! 

- I have Trickster at Gold for that very reason.

- Ya I was curious about Dark and Witch, but they only give 10 medals for the $5 pack so that is why I was shying away from them for now. Prince gives 15 each $5 pack so I was thinking I would maybe start with him?

I was going off what Myth explained to me awhile back ... 
It takes 330 medals to get a hero to Gold.

10 medals to hire a hero
20 medals to get a hero to green
50 medals to get a hero to blue
100 medals to get a hero to purple
150 medals to get a hero to gold

If a 5usd hero pack contains 15 medals it will cost you 110 usd to max a hero
If a 5usd hero pack contains 10 medals it will cost you 165 usd to max a hero

- My academy is level 24, and will be for awhile with all the things I need to hit 25 first before I can upgrade that haha

- I am farming gear now ... I went flutes first like you suggested. Got my 3rd flute to gold about 3 weeks ago. Now I am working on the rest.

My gear is:
Electric Lance - Green
Vice Grips - Purple
No Helmet as I am not lvl 60 ( I am 58)
Calvary Mail - Purple
Gryphon Walkers - Green
Lunar Flutes (3x) - Gold

I am not too worried on construction anymore as I am almost to level 20+ on every building. Getting to lvl 24 with my setup now is only about a week per building from lvl 20 so its not too bad. That is why I am focusing on research.

Signature
Posted on 2017-05-10 10:35:58 | Show thread starter's posts only

To determine whether getting another research hero is worth your money, you'll need to understand the correlation between research speed and research time reduced. For our sake, we'll call Research Speed (RS) and Reduced Time (RT).

The mathematical correlation between the two comes from the equation:

To put things into perspective, let's make a table:

Reduced Time  Research Speed      
50.00%100%
66.67%200%
75.00%300%
76.47%325%
77.78%350%

Based on the table, we can acknowledge that the more research speed you have, the less effective it is. When you're already at 300% research speed, and you get 25% more, you'll only get a 1.47% increase in time reduction. Even less if you get another 25%. To determine how effective it is, we'll look at a 90 day research and its correlation with research speed.

Research Time (Days)Research Speed
90.000%
45.00100%
30.00200%
22.50300%
21.18325%

From the table, you can see that another 25% from 300% decreases your time taken by a bit more than a day for a 90 day research. 

Knowing how it works, you can make an educated and informed decision on whether you want to spend in order to get a hero for its 25% research speed.

Signature

Posted on 2017-05-10 10:53:20 | Show thread starter's posts only

daaaaang Maintained, that is amazing info!!!

also right now, I have 241% research speed Boost

Signature
Posted on 2017-05-10 11:28:46 | Show thread starter's posts only

IMO not really unless you have extra money to spend. If you insist buy Petite Devil because she's good in colloseum. 

Instead you should invest in 5 P2P heroes for attack/defense. It's a war game afterall. Songtress of The Sea, Lore Weaver and Beserker all have Army ATK, Army DEF and Army HP wich make them the best heroes for garisson. They are good for attacking too so you can't go wrong with these 3.

Signature
Like IGG on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/igg
Follow IGG on Instagram http://instagram.com/iggigotgames/
Like CC on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CastleClash
Like COL2 on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ClashofLordsII