Lords Mobile Today: 0    Total Posts: 1389

Moderator: July0714Rider016

Total:#7

Create Thread

[Suggestion] data api for analytics

[Copy link] 6/651

Posted on 2018-04-28 16:48:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

many other game companies have wild success with exposing a data api so that people can build analytics on top of the game. hearthstone, league fo legends, clash Royale, etc all have apis. 

what would the api do? you could:

- look up the rankings of kingdoms
- look up the teams in coliseum 
- look up match history in coliseum

for private data streams through authentication, you could look up
- your turf status
- etc

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-13 15:30:40 | Show thread starter's posts only

I am really interested in this aswell and rather surprised that IGG is not providing one already actually. It would allow for a lot more sites to be built regarding Lord's Mobile. 

And I get that it could open 'backdoors', but those probably already excists and using authentication you can monitor calls being made to the server. 

I truly believe this will enhance the game for the better!

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-22 12:33:28 | Show thread starter's posts only

Quite astonished by the lack of a reply, none whatsoever.

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-22 12:48:24 | Show thread starter's posts only

Maybe igg doesn't want to share their data or sharing it will use to many of the server resources.

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-23 11:58:55 | Show thread starter's posts only

@Rider016, 
That is possible of course, then so be it. However, there is a chance they have it stored for personal use. Either way is fine, have to start somewhere.

@AlphaPsyX,
That is why authenticated streams exists. You have to authenticate during a request made to their server and you can only perform so many. For example 50 a day, 5 a day, 2 a week, etc. Even very small amounts help out a lot, with the right query you can keep track of your personal progress and your guild's.

And not sharing their data is beyond me, it's publicly available. You can enter other kingdom, look at other people's/guild's statistics and browse through it. The only thing I can think of is that they don't want third parties using it, but unless they provide something theirselves, it's rather egocentric. Not to mention that it will help out the game stand out from others (if not just simply catching up to the big ones that already provide an API). And once again, they can monitor calls being made for privacy and security.

Still hoping and waiting to get a reply from an actual administrator.

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-30 01:18:05 | Show thread starter's posts only

Thanks. With regards to your concern, will submit your concern as a suggestion to our team for further consideration. Hope for your continued support.

Signature
Where there is a will, there is a way.
Posted on 2018-10-12 16:41:21 | Show thread starter's posts only

I also was looking for information about an API. Need them for so many reasons:
Resource Sending, Changed ranks, Changed names, etc.

Signature
Game is more about the people playing it than destroying castles