Lords Mobile Today: 5    Total Posts: 1238

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Suggestion] Hungry Troops

[Copy link] 7/395

Posted on 2018-04-23 14:41:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

This is an idea suggested by a fellow guild member on food production and how it may affect troops.

Many players have gotten past the point where their food production is much lower than the amount of food their troops consume. This feature doesn't do much except cause loss in the holding of wheat by bans or other accounts. When I first started I had a ridiculous idea that it would affect the loss of my troops and cause them to starve such was what happens in real life.

Realistically if no food was out troops would starve and slowly decline without a doubt. This is where the suggestion comes to place:

As keeping up with the upkeep would be hard for players with lots of troops we have another idea regarding it. Not having fed troops or allowing there to be food out could starve the troops. This could bring down their DEF and ATK by a certain percentage.

ATK would go down a higher percentage than DEF , around 5%

Unfed T1 could go down by only 5%

Unfed T2 could go down by 8%

Unfed T3 could go down by 10%

And  Unfed T4 with a staggering 20%

While it could annoy players it can also bring in a fundamental element to the game by making it seem more realistic and adding another strategy to Lords Mobile.

How will this be timed?
A simple timer similar to the familiar skill timer.  :)

But how would this decrease work you may say...
The decrease would only happen after around a day or so without he troops being fed.

And how do I stop their ATK and DEF decreasing?
Depending on the amount of troops you hold you can occasionally let out 15k or 30k food out of your bag and let the timer restart and give the upkeep a point.

Signature
~Birds of feather stick together
Posted on 2018-04-23 16:25:53 | Show thread starter's posts only

I actually like the idea of troops suffering resulting in loss of attack, HP, and defense due to a lack of food. 

The idea of food being rationed while troops are on defense can be applied resulting in no loss of attack, HP, or defense. However, with sending troops into combat, march and deployment of troops into offense should result in a handicap. As for exactly HOW? That's another matter to balance the gameplay.

It would result in more value being placed on food and a different approach/strategy being required for combat and or defense. The larger the army, the more costly it becomes to maintain - as it should be with the realism factor.

Signature
The world can use a little more positivity, share yours!
Posted on 2018-04-23 17:15:52 | Show thread starter's posts only

This game sucks small turfs are not protected no reason people with 2 - 3 M armies  100 - 200 M might to crash turfs with 50 - 60 K t2 and t3 army.

Signature
Posted on 2018-04-24 13:26:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

Warning has been issued  Warning

Signature
Posted on 2018-04-25 04:27:07 | Show thread starter's posts only

That would eventually force p2p players to buy champ gear to avoid that.

Signature
Nothing else can replace the trust from others which was given to you.
Posted on 2018-05-15 08:09:38 | Show thread starter's posts only

suggested waaay back that food could affect morale in battle. so in theory if you do not feed troops you could get solo hitted by a person and loose.

but i like this idea alot. it would make it important for food especially as a rally lead for the extra stats, but i think affecting low tier harder then high tiers is something that would work better balance vise.

keep in mind it will be hard as there is so mant people making solo traps that will get furious with changes. thats the hardest feedback i got on my dumb post :p

Signature
Telrun [H:U]              (●´ω`●)

Line ID: Telrun
Posted on 2018-05-31 21:55:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

you start rationing food, the game becomes farmville like evony is. i played evony for a long time and i spent more time farming or trying to protect my hyper farm castle then i did enjoying the battle aspect of the game. there is way too much in lords to occupy ones time, like building and research...we don't need anything else taking time away from actual game play.

Signature
T4 lvl60                                                                                                      igg 431349466
Posted on 2018-05-31 22:20:03 | Show thread starter's posts only

down with the p2p players :D i never let my army go past my food upkeep, this gives me a fighting chance

Signature