Lords Mobile Today: 0    Total Posts: 2001

Moderator: Rider016ooooclaire

Total:#4

Create Thread

[Off-Topic] Best surfing spots in August

[Copy link] 3/33

Posted on 2019-08-14 17:06:11 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello... Heading to Maui August 20-27. My husband and 2 sons surf. Please recommend some good surf spots and a place to rent some boards. They are not extreme surfers...so nothing too huge!

Thanks!

Signature
Posted on 2019-08-15 00:35:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

Cove Park in Kihei could be good. And in Lahaina, there are often people surfing there, at what is referred to as the break wall. Shark pit is further south, at Puamana Beach park.

Signature
Posted on 2019-08-15 01:52:46 | Show thread starter's posts only

Kaanapali can be great in the summers, depending on the swell direction. It is sheltered by Lana'i from due west swells-but a southwest swell can make it rougher. Conditions will change by the day, but it can be a nice place for beginners.

If you are going to take a lesson, I'd rec trusting a company like Maui Waveriders, Goofy Foot, or Maui Surfer Girls to teach you well and safely.

Breakwall gets some more experienced surfers; please don't go there if there are good waves, it's a tight area and the locals won't appreciate it. Shark pit is near where a lot of lessons are done (along with Puamana).

Signature
Posted on 2019-08-15 03:42:52 | Show thread starter's posts only

I`m going to a less crowded area for the rest of the summer https://frostfires.com/ I surfed a little bit today but I was way too choppy, I just went because I'm only in New Jersey for the weekend but it was so bad that right when I got up I would just nosedive or something would make me fall. And I'm not that bad of a surfer it was just way too rough

Signature