Lords Mobile Today: 0    Total Posts: 2581

Moderator: Rider016ooooclaire

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Chat(iOS)] Colosseum Fairness

[Copy link] 4/416

Posted on 2018-05-15 17:57:53 | Show thread starter's posts only

How fair do you find the Colosseum? Do you regularly lose to opponents you should win against, no matter how many times you try? It’s not just a question of points, but it even happens with a good hero mix against your target. It looks like matches have a wide result variance that often nullifies skill and strength advantage. In other words it’s a lottery unless your hero mixture and/or points have a significant advantage.

A real skill contest would have players fighting each other and not a computer controlled precalculated outcome.

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-15 19:51:35 | Show thread starter's posts only

I dont know if any of us are going to get a good read on the exact formula that calculates victories.  Yes, sometimes the outcome doesn't seem possible, but i think equipment, enhancements, and who has that star on them at the time makes a big difference.  I have decided you aren't going to beat a guard unless you are using more might, other than that, there seems to be too many variables for us to ever become experts in this.  Your tank player taking point also makes a big difference, if that one doesn't last long, your other heros will never get the chance to use their skills.

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-16 00:15:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

I've been in the top 100s-300s ever since I can remember when I try, it's all about experience & understanding your team composition vs the enemy composition. 

There's weeks where I find new compositions that I've never seen before even after 1 year and 2 months in which make me go wow, fascinating & want to fight, even if it's a lower rank :angel:

You have to understand there are some heroes which are RNG like Demon Slayer and where he jumps. There's also constellations which buff certain heroes, changing the dynamic of the team tremendously which changes each week.

I would say in my opinion, the Colosseum is about 20% RNG and 80% skill, which is a variance I'm happy with as there's a 20% chance I can beat someone who spends way more than I do on heroes and I'll still have a chance at winning.

Signature
R4 of [CaE]/ Cause and Effect.
Come join our Lords Mobile Discord with over 700 members at https://discord.gg/ZxyuP6K
Posted on 2018-05-16 02:22:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

I used one team that kept me top 50. Made some changes and it now keeps me top 150 when i do colo.
What affect this is mainly kingdom and i guess it is others in top that knows how it works since i just use one team they will counter and learn by it.

In my opinion it is random, but fair. Keep in mind defender have upper hand allways and that the weekly bonus is allso a factor for the match ^^

Signature
Telrun [H:U]              (●´ω`●)

Line ID: Telrun
Posted on 2018-05-17 08:37:40 | Show thread starter's posts only

it's random as well, enemy demon hunter can get a lucky crit and then another to 2 hit-ko your healer for an easy loss, enemy demon hunter can jump on your healer and then randomly decide your tank makes for a better target giving you a easy win, can go so many ways.

Signature